You have been wanting to try something different for your usual coffee morning routine? Why not try Keto coffee?
What is Keto Coffee
If you haven’t heard about Keto coffee before, also called ‘bulletproof’ or butter coffee, it is the new addition to the coffee variety paradise, made with butter and coconut oil, which add a nice creamy taste.
Butter and coconut oil in your coffee? It may sound such an unlikely combination but the result is a healthy delicious cup of coffee. Start your morning with the perfect combination of caffeine and healthy fats that will provide you with energy for a long productive day. You get everything you need to start your day in one cup of coffee - energy boost, rich creamy taste and nutrition to keep you full.
David Asprey, an entrepreneur, got inspired about keto coffee during a trek in Tibet in 2004 where, exhausted from long walking, he came across a guest house where he was offered a cup of tea with yak butter. Intrigued by the energy this tea has provided him with, he decided to try it himself but with a little bit of change in the ingredients - instead of tea and yak butter he used coffee and grass-fed butter and introduced the breakfast alternative in 2011.
- 1 cup (8 oz) of your favourite coffee - hot brewed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) oil
- Personalise your drink according to your taste and add vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, stevia, syrup, pink salt, protein powder or just have it classic
You might think making Keto coffee is a sophisticated process, but it is actually quite easy to make.
Step 1: It’s all about the beans! Brew a cup of your favourite coffee.
Step 2: Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them until frothy, for about 50-60 seconds.
Step 3: Finish the result with your favourite add-ons.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Did you know
- Keto coffee has great benefits when not being overconsumed. Dietitians suggest one cup per day.
- Cinnamon is a great addition to your Keto coffee and is a spice that can have a great benefit to your overall health due to its anti-inflammatory and immune-stimulating properties.
- Keto coffee works on the principle that the more fats a diet has, the faster the body hits ketosis. Ketosis is a process in which your body burns fats to produce energy.